Geelong Workers Compensation Solicitors - Worksafe Claims VIC

LAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 1800 633 090

Our solicitors are based in Geelong, Victoria, and specialise in handling No Win No Fee workers compensation claims on behalf of employees. If you have been injured at work, or have developed a work-related illness or disease, we can help you obtain maximum compensation benefits.

Our Geelong workers compensation solicitors are experienced in handling all types of claims, including those involving a back injury, spinal cord injury, head injury, soft tissue injury, repetitive strain injury, fractures, crushed bones, amputations, burns, dermatitis, asbestosis and mesothelioma, heart attacks, hearing loss, stress, depression and death.

We offer the experience and tough skillful representation you need, to fight for your legal rights. Complete the online contact form or call our free legal advice helpline to speak with a Geelong workers compensation solicitor today.

We have offices dealing with formal WorkSafe claims and WorkCover claims in in Adelaide, Canberra, Geelong, Melbourne and Perth.

WorkSafe Claims

WorkSafe Victoria (WorkSafe) is the authority responsible for administering the Accident Compensation Act 1985 and Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004. WorkSafe provides compensation to workers for work-related injuries or illnesses.

If you have suffered a work injury you should see your doctor as soon as possible. Our Geelong workers compensation solicitors need you to have a contemporaneous record of injury which the doctor will provide. You must also notify your employer of the injury or disease within 30 days of you becoming aware of it. Once a Worksafe claim form has been submitted to your employer, your employer must acknowledge receipt of your claim in writing.

There are strict time limits which apply in making compensation claims. Failure to lodge a claim within the set time limit may mean a loss of potential entitlements. Get legal advice from a Geelong workers compensation solicitor as soon as possible, before time runs out.

Workers Compensation

If you lose income because of a work-related injury or illness, you may be entitled to weekly payments based on your pre-injury average weekly earnings. Weekly benefits for income loss are available to all injured workers- permanent or casual, full-time or part-time. It does not matter whether you were employed by the people where you work or by an employment agency. To access weekly payments, you will need to obtain from your doctor a WorkSafe Certificate of Capacity. This certificate must be given to your employer.

WorkSafe will also pay the reasonable costs of medical and like services for your work-related injury or illness. Examples of some of the medical and like services you may be entitled to are:

  • Medical treatment
  • Hospital treatment
  • CT scans, MRIs, X-rays
  • Physiotherapy
  • Rehabilitation services
  • Chiropractic
  • Osteopathy
  • Medication
  • Psychological counseling
  • Transport to and from medical treatment
  • Personal and household services

Permanent Impairment

The word 'impairment' means loss of a body part or function. You may be entitled to a lump sum payment for permanent impairment that is the result of a work-related injury or illness.

Medical evidence is required in order to establish that you have suffered a permanent impairment, and that the impairment is greater than the minimum threshold set by legislation.

Lump sum compensation for permanent impairment is separate from and in addition to weekly income loss payments and medical services.

Common Law Damages

If your injury occurred on or after 20 October 1999, you may be able to sue for damages under the common law. Common law actions require proof of negligence.

Damages are generally available if there is:

  • Serious permanent impairment or loss of body function
  • Permanent serious disfigurement
  • Severe permanent mental or behavioural disturbance
  • Loss of a foetus
  • An injury that results in a 30% impairment under the relevant guides, usually the American Medical Association's Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment

Geelong Workers Compensation Solicitor

A Geelong workers compensation solicitor will need the following information in order to be able to assess your claim:

  • Your job title and work duties.
  • The date of your injury or illness.
  • How the injury happened.
  • The nature of the injury or illness.
  • Any witnesses to the injury.
  • The date you notified your employer.

If you choose to retain one of our Geelong workers compensation solicitors, they will thoroughly assess all the factual and medical evidence in your case, and thoroughly prepare your claim so that you receive maximum benefits under the law.

If you have already lodged a claim which has been rejected, or you disagree with a decision made by your employer, an insurance company or WorkSafe Victoria, then call our legal team to find out what your options are with regard to having the decision reviewed.

Our Geelong workers compensation solicitors operate on a No Win No Fee basis. Contact our legal team today for obligation-free legal advice.

LAWYER HELPLINE: ☎ 1800 633 090